Let’s be clear from the outset, it is definitely fat loss as opposed to weight loss that most people want to achieve. At the root cause of weight management are the things that we can’t see and don’t know much about, otherwise we would all be masters of fat loss right?
It’s important to understand that the right nutrition is 80% responsible for achieving fat loss results, the rest, 20% is exercise amongst other things. So if you’re hammering it down the gym and not getting anywhere, take a step back and look at the foods you are eating, this is where the greatest impact lies.
To find out exactly what changes you can make to your diet, check out my blog of 7th January where I share my Top Tips for Shedding the Pounds! These valuable tips will also help you balance your hormones which are hard at work sabotaging your fat loss efforts , a little more on this later.
Once we’ve addressed the diet and made sure we have sufficient clean water intake (crucial for life not just for fat loss) then we can take a closer look at the type of exercise you are doing.
So, if, like I said before, you are hammering it down the gym, maybe doing some cardio on the treadmill, cross trainer, rowing machine etc. and then doing some weights on the machines, well this is good but it all sounds a bit comfortable and it’s not going to give your body a great metabolic boost eg. increase your metabolism. (This is another subject I shall be writing about in the near future).
It’s important therefore to do the right type of exercise to maximize your body’s fat burning potential. This is where it gets tough, like really tough. Now’s the time to recommend you watch my video clip demonstrating a High Intensity Exercise Workouts.
In addition, if you balance the high intensity exercise with some leisurely activities, long walks, yoga, pilates, and ensure you are getting adequate rest and sleep you will be taking even greater strides towards achieving your fat loss goal.
Why? These suggestions all contribute to achieving hormone balance which is key to health and ultimately a healthy body does not hold on to fat.
Give it a try, what have you got to lose?!
Until next week …